Notes on – Red stripe (title TBC) – Production

This work was developed to help understand the effect of resin on metal.

I spoke to a technician who had some spare.

Water materials experiments:

IMG_0708IMG_0711 IMG_0707 IMG_0705

IMG_0660

In making a supporting structure I do not want to see the supports as much as possible. My plans:

 

IMG_0695 IMG_0697 IMG_0696

I  will look for something similar to the last idea in the last photograph.

Suitable cleaning products:

IMG_0698

Potential brackets: IMG_0700

This one is nice because of the rounded edges although the front punched hole looks terrible!

IMG_0701

looks like it acts more like a mirror plate.IMG_0702

This seems to follow problems from both of the past two.

IMG_0699

This looks great! Very minimal, screw holes in the correct place and it looks brushed which will be good for descreate design.

 I had settled on a support structure of wood:

IMG_0729 IMG_0728

Firstly the metal attachment was poor as seen above. I later repurposed the piece using screws. Secondly I didn’t like the wood being seen. The wood was too distracting and showed a DIY state of development which made the work look less professional.


IMG_0752

IMG_0773

Flecks of dust although I’m going to try and use a vacuume and a tent!

IMG_0788IMG_0789IMG_0795IMG_0797

Polished using baby lotion and a microfibres cloth. 
IMG_0798

IMG_0794

 

IMG_0793

Posted in Documentation YEAR 3, Subject YEAR 3